Monday, October 6, 2014

The Book Thief: Oct. 6th

  • Title: The Book Thief
  • Author: Markus Zusak
  • Genre: Historical Fiction
  • AR Points: 18
  • Page I am on: 300
  • Where I am toward my AR goal: 29/goal point

I am about halfway in the book and it is getting really interesting. Liesel has become extremely close to the foster family she is living with and they are now hiding a Jewish man in their basement. Based on my prior knowledge of the Holocaust and the invasion of privacy from the Nazi's searching German homes; I suspect this will not end well. I predict that they will soon be found out and something horrible is going to happen to all of them. This is a great example of how historical fiction novels can be haunting; they are fictional, yes, but they reflect exactly what was going on in history. This scenario was happening to millions of people in Germany and the surrounding country. It was a dark time in the history of mankind and it is terrifying to see that reflected in fiction.


No comments:

Post a Comment