Monday, November 3, 2014

UnWholly: Nov. 4th

  • Title: Unwholly
  • Author: Neal Shusterman
  • Genre: Science Fiction
  • AR Points: 18
  • Page I am on: p.181
  • Where I am to my AR goal: 16/50

This is the second book in the Unwind series by Neal Shusterman, the author who is coming to our school three weeks from today!!! I was picked as one of the teachers that get to have lunch with him; so excited! 

Anyway, back to the book. I am not that far into the book but it definitely lives up to his first book in the series. It takes place about a year after the first book ended. The legal age of Unwind has been decreased from 18 to 17, so Connor is now in the clear. He has taken over as the leader in the Graveyard but things are not going well there. He is aware that the government knows about the Graveyard & is now constantly on edge fearing they are going to raid at any moment. By far, the most interesting section so far was when we met Cam. He was "perfectly designed", each part of his body was planned and taken from some one extremely important. Example: one of his arms is from a professional baseball player. I am curious to know if there is any original parts that are "Cam" or if he was entirely built from different people! I am also curious to know what the intention of people who designed him is! Can't wait to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment